Saga de Ammerikka - Los Angeles

After couple of days in San Diego, I was in Los Angeles/Burbank/Chino Hills for few days. I had some meetings lined up in Burbank on Monday and on Sunday night, I moved to a friend's place who works in Burbank.

StarbucksBurbank
On Monday morning, since my meeting was at 11am, Amit dropped me to a Starbucks near to his office. On its menu, it mentioned that if you present a receipt of your morning drink after 2pm, it will offer you any blended drink at $1.99!
StarbucksMorning
Since I had a mild throat irritation, instead of my favorite Java Chip Frappuccino, I ordered my past favorite hot Latte... Unfortunately, I forgot to collect the receipt.

After completing couple of meetings in Burbank, I returned to the same Starbucks to hang out till Amit was busy in his office. My throat was much better and my brain was craving for Java Chip... So, I ordered one tall Java Chip - double pump of mocha, light ice and double blended. Soon after I took my seat where I sat in morning, the girl at the counter came to me and said that they just ran out of chocolate chips and if I was ok with a mocha Frappuccino instead of Java Chip. I was ok and she gave me a cute smile before heading back to her duties...

In few moments, she again appeared in front of me with that cute smile still on her face and my Frappuccino in her hands! She again begged further apologies and handed me a free coupon to get any drink in my next visit to any Starbucks!!!StartbucksAfternoon StarbucksCoupon

From LA, I was destined to be in Houston. I flew from Ontario in California instead of LAX and avoided an hour drive and the congestion at LAX. OntarioAirportCheckInOntarioAirportLounge
Since Ontario is a small airport, United check-in counter was almost empty. Even lounges were just empty too.

GrandCanyonFromAir
While on the way to Houston, the pilot announced that we were flying over Grand Canyon...

No comments: