Saga de Ammerikka – 2009 – 2

After returning from NZ, within few days, I was on a trip to US… I flew Emirates Airlines this time and I am happy for this decision. The flight from Ahmedabad to Dubai was on time and in just more than a couple of hours, I was at Dubai airport terminal 3.

Starbucks-DubaiAirport1
And this was good enough to start my loitering for a while.

DubaiT3
The down lighters of this newly opened terminals were very impressive.

DubaiCosta
While loitering, I came across this… Costa is equally if not more popular here.

EmiratesFlight
My flight from Dubai to JFK was very interesting. I could get a full row empty giving me the luxury of a business class! I carried my food with me on the flight and the air hostess was kind enough to serve it to me as soon as the flight reached the final cruising altitude. I already had my sleeping medicine and as soon as I finished my breakfast, I fell asleep for next 8 hours. When I woke up, I was feeling fresh and ready for a long day. As each seat had AC power in this flight, I could work till flight started descending.

JFKT7Next day, I flew to LA from Terminal 7 of JFK. It is exclusive for American Airlines.

Escalator
This was one of those longest escalators… the descent was kinda scarry.

ASIS2009
I was in Anaheim for few days to attend ASIS. The exhibition was very productive for me though the recession was clearly visible.

From California, I was in Florida for few days. From there,  I flew to Philly for a day’s stop over.

I then came to NJ and had a weekend stop over at Het’s place in NY. Dr A and Dhwanil were at his place and it gave me an excuse to be in NY! It was first time of me meeting him after he has moved to US.

AnanyaStare2
His daughter Ananya is so cute!

AnanyaStare1AnanyaTeddy
Once she got along well with me, she did not mind posing for my camera…

That evening, I noticed a contrast in a relationship…

First the love… followed by the first domestic violence…

DomesticLove
DomesticViolance1DomesticViolance2DomesticViolance3DomesticViolance4DomesticViolance5

DomesticViolance6DomesticViolance7DomesticViolance8DomesticViolance9DomesticViolance10

Had this violence not enough, we decided to visit Bronx Zoo next day…

TheStare
This was the only stare I could capture in this visit.

DAAHT
DAAHT posed for me before they dropped me to Penn station for my way back to NJ…

Next evening, I was on my way back to India. I was carrying the food Devalbhabhi had prepared for this. It was Yogesh’s birthday and though she was very busy with its preparation/celebrations, she cooked nice and delicious dinner for me on top of the food for the flight. Dhwani and Chhaganbhai came to drop me to the airport. I wasn’t as lucky in this flight as I could not get any row empty but flight was otherwise comfortable.

Starbucks-DubaiAirport2
Starbucks and the terminal was light when I arrived there. Free internet helped me kill few hours of layover there before landing in Amdavad.

No comments: