Withdrawal Symptoms…

When I had read about it first time, I never thought that I would suffer from it ever.

Internet definition of withdrawal symptoms is like:
”Withdrawal symptoms: Abnormal physical or psychological features that follow the abrupt discontinuation of a drug that has the capability of producing physical dependence. Common withdrawal symptoms include sweating, tremor, vomiting, anxiety, insomnia, and muscle pain.”

And these days, I am experiencing this withdrawal symptoms heavily…

Sweating:
Since last two days, I indeed feel lots of sweating. For past two nights, even with outside temperature of 28° Celsius, I had to turn the aircon on throughout the night.

Tremor:
Yup, people around me have noticed that my fingers keep on shaking these days. I can’t hold them stable no matter how hard I try to. Of course, it could be because of Turbutaline (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terbutaline) Dr ViPi had prescribed me for my severe coughing last week.

Vomiting:
Hmmm… not really but since my food intake these days is very low, there is nothing to vomit from the stomach…

Anxiety:
Yup, suffering very heavily. Anxiety of what? Don’t ask.

Insomnia:
Its 15 mins past 1am early morning and I am awake. Does it qualify for this symptom?

Muscle pain:
Heavy cramps since few days but 500mg of Paracetamol of SeriCOLD (my new sinus decongestant) twice a day brings some relief though.

So, yea, I am proudly declaring that I am an ordinary and normal human being which suffers from the withdrawal symptoms when one should. And I am happy about it. The withdrawal happened almost instantly and abruptly and it happened when I had feared it least. I am happy about it.

No comments: