Saga de Ammerika - 2011

When you are offered luxuries on a regular basis, it forms an expectation of such favors on a regular basis. That’s what happened to me when I boarded Emirates flight from AMD to New York via Dubai . For all my past travels, I was upgraded to Business class and thus I was expecting the same this time. But this time it did not happen… too bad too bad!

At Dubai airport, things were as usual.

IMG_0323Starbucks counter was full and a long queue turned me away from a morning spell of Cappuccino.

Costa - Dubai AirportI then walked to Costa counter and my favorite seat was occupied… After loitering for a while, I boarded a flight to JFK. Being Friday, this flight was full and I missed my 4-seat-bed this time.

Mitulbhai came to pick me up at the airport and I spent rest of the day at his place.

Darshan HomeNext day, Darshan brought me to his place.

Beside delicious food of Disha and Aruna aunty, one of the major attractions at Darshan’s place is to see Darshan’s daughter Arya growing up…

AryaThis is how she was when I visited her in October 2009…

Arya - One Year OldThis is how she looked in March 2010.

Arya - ReadingAnd this is how she is now in June 2011…

She loves posing and throwing her cute smiles in front of camera…Arya - Six monthsArya - One Year SmilingArya - Gardening

But beware… if you go too close to her… Arya - AngryAs Darshan says, she is a prefect drama queen!

From Philadelphia, I flew to Orlando. Bhavesh came to pick me up and brought me to his new house he bought few months back.

Bhavesh New HomeIt’s a beautiful house and almost double then his previous one.

InfoComm2011Next three days, Bhavesh and I attended InfoComm 2011at Orlando International Convention Center.

Orlando MallAll three evenings, we loitered in few different malls to find a specific pair of Adidas flip flops… Starbucks-JavachipWe were at Orlando Mall one evening where I had my first (and only) Java Chip of this trip…

I then flew back to Philadelphia and stayed at Darshan’s place for a couple of days. I spent my last night at Mitulbhai’s place and attended Yogesh’s baseball game that evening.

4 seats bedOn my return flight, I was lucky to get a 4-seat-bed!

MacbookProOn last day of this trip, J-Lo asked me to get a Macbook Pro from B&H… He exchanged it with the 13” MBP he had given me earlier… It has replaced my long-time companion Dell’s Latitude E6500… As I can’t find Visio, Outlook (Native MAC version of Outlook sucks big time) and other few software I use everyday, I am using Windows 7 on Bootcamp for a while. Once I find a better email client and Vision equivalent program on OS X/Lion, I will see if I should go native on MBP.

No comments: