मेरा भारत महान!

Usually, I post single entry at a time but I could not resist posting another one right now!

Couple of days back, I got my new VoIP box and I configured it yesterday. I tested it and it was working fine. This evening, I called Singapore and the voice quality was crystal clear as if I am calling over land line.

Just now, when I tried to make a call to US, I found out that the device had no dial tone. I logged into the device and saw that it could not connect to the server. I called the customer support of the VoIP service provider on its US 1-800 toll free number and after couple of minutes of waiting, some guy called "Max" picked up my call. After verifying my contact details (US one), he had to check something on his server and he asked me my contact number in case line got cut. I gave me my Airtel number and you know its a very amazing number :)! So, he ends up "Oh boss! क्या नंबर है! (What a number)!" Wow!!! My call ended up in India and my reaction to him was "मेरा भारत महान (My Great India)!" He then helped me out with the connection/registration problem and he also showed me few tricks to play with in case VoIP port gets blocked...

Similar incident happened few years back when my laptop's CD writer stopped working. It was a year 2000 and I was in New Jersey that time and I ended up calling Dell customer support. I logged a complaint and since I had a Next Business Day warranty for that laptop, Dell asked for the address where it would ship me a replacement drive. I was planned to be in Chicago for next day and thus, I gave my Chicago address. Next day, the drive did not reach on time and I was back in New Jersey in the evening. I called Dell next morning about the replacement drive. The person other hand checked the record and found out that the drive was delivered to that Chicago address around 5pm. Well, it was late as I already had left for the airport by that time. So, he processed another replacement drive to my NJ address. I asked him about how to return the drive which was received in Chicago and he goes: "कोई बात नहिं, आप उसकोभी रख लीजीयेगा!...(Never mind, you keep that drive too)!" And at that time too, my reaction was "मेरा भारत महान"!...

No comments: