Distaster...

As I mentioned in my previous post, the registry of my laptop got messed up yesterday and I spent whole last night collecting bits and pieces of any of my data I could back up. At around 4 in morning, I was able to start the fresh installation of OS. Halfway, I realized that I forgot to back up some important files and designs... Its just not a stupidity but its a huge disaster for me... I have to check all my past backups (spread over many CDs and external hard drives on how much is retained there) and with the time running out of my hand, its further disaster...

I also forgot to back up all wireless connections profiles and now, I am stuck with only few connections whose passwords I remember. Since this laptop does not have my favorite firewall and Linux, I will have a hard time in riding public WEP protected networks.

Anyway, better I spend time in restoring my backup...

No comments: