The Me

Life is very amazing when you live it without being dragged emotionally in it... I had been passing through a very rough time recently and I noticed that more I could keep my emotions and sentiments away, I could take better decisions. Now, when I look back at what happened during that rough time, I wonder how I could manage to sail through so easily. Of course, I learned many lessons during this and I realized who is who for me.

Anyway, last Sunday, I boarded Rajdhani Express to New Delhi and that journey turned out to be very interesting. After traveling an hour past Abu Road station, the train suddenly stopped and then after a while, it started driving backward. Upon inquiring, we found that the track further ahead was damaged by some protesters and the train was going back to Ahmedabad. We reached back to Ahmedabad at 4am in morning and were given full refund of the ticket. My fellow passenger commented: "Wow, what a journey! 8 hours of journey in air-conditioned train and a free dinner!"

From the railway station, I came down to my office and checked the availability of any morning flights to New Delhi. Unfortunately, only SpiceJet flight was available but it was too expensive. So, I booked my ticket on GoAir's evening flight which cost me Rs. 99 + Tax (Rs. 2900!). Later in afternoon, when I logged on to GoAir's site, the price was increased to Rs. 1500 + Tax!

IMG_0408
When I reached the airport, I noticed this advertisement. It was pretty interesting. While I was taking the picture of this, some fellow passenger approached me and told me that photography was not allowed inside the terminal and I might end up with a trouble from security people. I later checked with the ground staff of GoAir and she said that it was not true. 

IMG_0411
On the flight, I had to take my medicine and I asked the crew member for a bottle of water. To my surprise, GoAir does not offer ANYTHING complementary on its flight and this bottle of water was priced at Rs. 15! The most expensive water I had ever purchased...

First few days in New Delhi have been very productive and cheerful. First day, I met many old friends whom I hadn't met for a long time. They were happy to see me back. Chachis and LaaDoobaa were cheerful and so were Jayeshchacha and Jituchacha. Despite the heat of extreme summer here, I could feel the warmth of all people here.

Honey and Yogesh are leaving for Nairobi in an hour so and it would be good for me to EOB now and be with them.

No comments: