The carelessness...

Since the day I had iPhone, I was living with a fear that I would drop it one day and make it useless... I did drop it few times but not as bad as the drop few days back...

It was an evening of June 20 when I was hijacked by Jayesh chacha for a dinner at 53 GV. On the way, I got a call and after it finished, I left my iPhone in my lap instead of sliding back in my pocket. I got lost in talking with La Doobaa and chacha/chachi that when we reached 53 GV, I forgot about the iPhone in my lap and I just disembarked from the car... I heard a big noise of something badly hitting the ground and first I thought (and hoped) it was my Nokia 6230i phone... but it was iPhone. I noticed a big scratch and a dent on the back... The sim compartment got stuck and the on/off switch went inside the body.... After some tries, it finally came out and I dared to power on the phone...

After it was powered on, I noticed Airtel's signal on top left and I was a bit relieved that at least, the signal reception is working. I made a call and the other phone rang further relieving me that outgoing is also working. But when that person answered, I could not hear at first. I tapped the phone and I could hear the voice but it lost voice again. It worked sometimes and it did not most of the time. I tried playing some songs from its iPod and the same behavior...

Than I dared to check if the camera was working or not... When I opened camera application, the screen looked like MTV scene... Again, tapping worked but it stopped working later (may be I tapped too hard)...

IMG_0435
Above is the picture of Ashram Express train by which I came back to Ahmedabad today morning. Look how the color spectrum is deviated from the original. I fear it is because of some loose contact/broken contact of camera with the circuit board... or may be its something wrong with the optics... Whatever it is, it has made the main use of this phones as a blog camera useless...

I am thinking to open the phone tomorrow and check the condition inside. Any tips or suggestions are highly welcome. Thanks in advance.

No comments: