Mini but Mighty?

For one of the medical applications, we need a laptop which is as small in size as 9 inches but yet powerful enough to run a critical medical software in an emergency situation. Since its a medical emergency software, the guaranteed performance of the laptop is very must.

Dell introduced Inspiron Mini 9 few months back and it seems the perfect fit for my application. I did talk to Dell about it but I was discouraged for this ATOM processor based laptop for such a critical application.

It seems that for the size of the laptop I am looking for, only ATOM based laptops are available. Since the application needs a laptop soon, I planned to try one of these mini laptops.

Dell has a 30 days return policy and I decided to take advantage of it so that if the laptop did not perform well, we could return it. As the wait time for new one was more than 3 weeks, we ordered refurbished one from Dell Outlet. It arrived in office in NJ next day and a friend brought it here in two days.

MiniOpened
Its indeed very tiny notebook.

MiniKeyboard
Most keys are available but the touch pad is very small. I had difficulties in restricting my finger movement on it.

MiniWithMouse
This is Mini with Mouse!

MiniWithSharpie
And this is Mini with Sharpie!

NimiOnE6500
Mini On Top of E6500...

MiniInLapOfE6500
and Mini in the lap of E6500.

I did load the medical application on it and in a non-real time, the application runs ok.

In a few days, I will be testing the application in real time mode where I will be able to check the performance of this laptop.

No comments: