Saga de Ammerika – March 2010 - 2

My stay in NJ was very hectic and I hardly got some time to play with new camera. But I had a good surprise… I had been using Logitech’s Vx Nano mouse for quite some time but it’s receiver got damaged during my last trip. I had ordered a replacement receiver from Logitech but it shipped me wrong one. I ordered second time and this time too, it shipped a receiver which did not work with my mouse. When Dhwani raised this issue to Logitech Customer Support, it happily replaced my mouse with the below one!

Anywhere MouseDarkField Mouse
Its Logitech’s latest “DarkField” laser mouse which will work “Anywhere”! I also tried it on a glass surface and it indeed works!

I had some change in my travel plan and instead of going back to Ahmedabad, I had to fly to New Delhi. I contacted Qatar Airways’ NY office and it charged me $170 for this change… = $44 for a change of sector fee and $126 for a fair difference… Not bad!

My flight from JFK to Doha was very interesting. It did not allow me to check-in online and I was late at the airport that my seat assignment could not be changed. I prayed hard that I have no fellow passengers on my row that I could get entire row empty to lie down. Just a few minutes before the flight doors were closed, my dream got shattered when a couple of passengers joined me :( Too bad too bad… But I did not loose the hope on my prayer and moved to one of the empty rows at the back. Few other passengers did the same and all empty rows now were occupied. Suddenly, an airhostess approached all of us and asked to take our original seats… too bad too bad… :( Fortunately, my “VJML” request helped me to have some dialog with her and win her to allow me to remain where I was!

QatarSeats
While I shouldn’t complain as I had been favored, the hand rests did not go up all the way and 3-seats were not long enough for a tall person like me… One reason why Qatar Airways is not my first choce :)!

At Doha airport, I had a couple of hours’ layoff. I was hungry even-though I had a good meal Devalbhabhi had packed for me. Being Starbucks crazy, not finding a single one at Doha airport is a second reason QA is not my first choice…

Costa Sign
I stopped by at Costa counter and ordered a cup of cappuccino.

Costa Cup
And it did taste good but don’t know if it was better as claimed! Quantity was large enough to finish an eggless croissant I had picked along with.

When I was boarding my flight to New Delhi, the girl at the gate asked me to check-in one of my two carry-in bags… too bad too bad… This is a third reason that QA is not my first choice.

Forth reason I don’t prefer stopping by Doha is a rude security check we have to undergo when boarding any US bound flight. It’s so rude and racial that any self-esteemed person would not want to go through such security check.

New Delhi flight was very eventful as it was full of fellow citizens… But when I landed at New Delhi airport, I was well received and helped with that all my luggage smoothly follow me. It was good to see Honey  came to pick me up.

I came back to Ahmedabad same evening where Ghanny and Kiran came to receive me. Getting back in Multimedia gang is always pleasure.

No comments: