Saga de London – Part 1

Sometimes, surprise hits you when you are least expecting it… It was a hot summer day which was started very early at 4:30am… By the noon, I had lost more than a couple of KGs of water from my body in form of perspiration. The heat was terrific but not powerful enough to stop me enjoying what was happening in front of me. After the lunch, anything my body needed was an undisturbed rest for a couple of hours. My phone rang when I was in a deep sleep. This was the beginning moment of the upcoming trip to London.

Fearing that second spell of ash clouds have still held Heathrow airport hostage, I logged on to Heathrow website and to my relief, the airport was reopened for all flights. Emirates was offering good pricing and I was prompt in booking my ticket.

It was a morning flight and online checking helped me cut the long queue at the airport. After security check when I was about to board the bus to the place, a ground staff member approached me and handed me a note indicating that I had been upgraded to Business class!!!

EmiratesBusinessClass

A couple of years back, I had booked Emirates flight to Nairobi and then too, I was upgraded to the business class.

With a two hours stopover in Dubai, I did loiter the airport and revisited some old spots.. The airport was very calm compared to how busy it is in morning hours.

Starbucks3
Very few passengers were around Starbucks…

Costa
Costa was almost empty too!

London flight was on-time . After enjoying Mumma’s khichadi which I got heated up in oven, it was very difficult to keep awake. But to cope up with the time difference and the local time of London, I had forced myself not to fall asleep.  The flight otherwise was uneventful.

After first few days of business, I had a relatively relaxed time. One evening, Anilbhai took me to London Eye – the Millennium attraction of London.

MilleniumEyeCabin LondonEye
Though I had experienced Singapore Flyer earlier, my excitement level was equally high.

LondonSkylineBigBenTower-LondonEyeWestMinister LondonEyeSkyline
Views from the top were very spectacular…

Another afternoon, Hiten took me around London downtown…

WembleyStadium
Wembley Stadium as visible from Wembley Part Station…

WembleyPark
I boarded a subway from Wembley Park station.

JubileeLine
It was 30 mins ride on Jubilee line to Green Park station where I was to meet with Hiten.

We roamed in city for few hours and below are some of the photographic moments we came across…

BuckinghamPalace
Buckingham Palace… where Queen lives.

BurlingtonAvenue
Burlington Avenue… a famous street where rich and famous come for shopping… 

Elephant2Elephant1Elephant0Elephants
Many of elephant statues by “Elephant Parade

HopeOfTea
Interesting sign…

LondonUnderground
World’s oldest underground subway was started in London…

PicadillyCircus
Famous Piccadilly Circle… I was disappointed with so much construction going around…

TwoGentleman
Hiten tried to sit in-between but could not fit in…

Photographer
A fellow photographer…

To be continued in part 2….

No comments: