Travel, Travel and just travel...

Its 1800HRS Aug 01 here in Chicago and I am at O'Hare airport waiting for my flight to Orlando FL.

Past few weeks have been hectic for me where I traveled left and right, up and down... to a remote village in Gujarat to Mumbai, New Delhi, Munich, Newark, New Jersey, Chicago and now on my way to Orlando... This travel has been on very different modes... some in trains, some in cars and some in domestic flights and some in international flights...

One and half months ago, I was in New Delhi while Honey and Yogesh were in Nairobi.  Once they came back, I came back to Ahmedabad by Rajdhani Express. IMG_0454
Honey came to drop me at the train station along with Shailendra and Bhanabhai the driver.

I had a day trip to Mumbai to get my UK visa. This trip was very interesting as I hadn't been to Mumbai for almost three years...
IMG_0466
While on my way to visa office, I could take pictures of Mumbai taxis which are so pictorial.

After I came back to Ahmedabad, I had another impromptu trip to New Delhi. I had to take Mumbai Rajdhani Express on return as Ahmedabad Rajdhani Express does not run on Tuesdays.
IMG_0513
Mumbai Rajdhani coaches are very new and imported from Germany. Interior is lavish and cleaner than Ahmedabad one. But food and food service are much better in Ahmedabad one.
(1230HRS Aug 07 in Orlando Florida)

IMG_0520
On 27th morning, I took SpiceJet flight to New Delhi. When I arrived at Ahmedabad airport, I noticed the previous advertisement still there :)

IMG_0522
The escalator which earlier was not functional for months seemed in working condition now.

Since I was carrying two international size baggage for my onward flight to US, our SpiceJet connection came handy to manage additional weight at no cost. After some reluctance, the guy at the counter accepted both bags and issued me a boarding pass.
IMG_0523IMG_0528
Flight was relatively empty. When we landed at New Delhi airport, it was scene to watch when the ladder was manually pulled to the door...

A day in New Delhi was hectic and so was the night before boarding a flight to US. Yogesh cooked very delicious khichdi and whole Tech team gang enjoyed mid-night meal as we had a no-water fast that day.

Next morning, I boarded Lufthansa flight to US. I will be able to post some of my early US adventures today/tomorrow before I get busy with Atlanta installation.

No comments: