Another great confusion...

During my US trip in 2003, I needed a camera which was capable enough of quality photography and at the same time not very expensive. Canon had released 300D few months back and it was getting good reviews. I had come across www.dpreview.com during those days and I had read some comparison of Canon DSLRs with Nikon ones. After much thinking and evaluating pros and cons for both Canon and Nikon, I decided to go for Canon.
DCP_1779
It was Nov 17th of 2003 when me and Darshan went to B&H in Manhattan for a first hand experience with 300D and if it suited, to buy it.
300DFront
Nicknamed as Digital Rebel, 300D looked very gorgeous and appealing from the moment the store guy pulled it out of the showcase. It was kinda love at first sight and I ended up buying it along with a battery grip, two additional batteries and EOS420 flash. So, I was now fully equipped for good and serious photography. Further reviews, Image quality and availability of lenses never made me regret my decision to go for Canon and especially this camera.

Below are some of early pictures with these camera during that trip...

IMG_0184
Ipsita in her room... It was my first natural light indoor portrait shot...

IMG_0249
Palak, Ipsita and me went to Golden Gate bridge... It was overcast day and I was inexperienced that time to avoid this under exposure.. 

IMG_0410
My first tongue-out portrait! He is a son of a friend in Chicago...

IMG_0491
My first snowing of US... Its Mitulbhai's house and the tiny girl there is Bansarididi...

Now, after almost five years of faithful service, this camera still produces stunning images... With its 6MP resolution, this camera still does wonder. Below are some of the recent ones taken with this camera...
IMG_7347
An Amtrak journey from San Jose to LA...

IMG_7576
Hoover dam! We were on our way to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas and stopped by to take this pic...

IMG_7599
The Great Grand Canyon! We were lucky to reach there on time to get such favorable lighting condition...

IMG_7744
Mystery Spot near Santa Cruz, CA... Its indeed a mystery spot and worth visiting it to believe it...

IMG_7915
HDB Flats of Singapore... People say Singapore is my second home...

IMG_7917
The green! I like the green this "consumer" level camera produces...

IMG_7918
The duo... They were dressed same from top to bottom...And what is she holding??? :)

Now you must be wondering how come I have written so much about this camera... and if you did think so, you are correct!
Yes, I am thinking to get another camera. Actually, I had made up my mind to get one during my last trip in US but when I came to know about Canon's plan to release third upgrade to this camera, I decided to wait for a while.
450Dfront
This February, Canon introduced 450D nicknamed Digital Rebel XSi after 350D (Rebel XT) and 400D (Rebel XTi). 450D is 12.5MP camera with tonnes of features one would want in <$1000 price range. It also has a live view for those girlish photographers who can not use viewfinder... It has a latest digic processor which is expected to have a very good image quality and very minimum noise even at higher ISO... Some early results of this camera are very satisfying and its planned to hit the market in April end.
Now, about the confusion I mentioned as the title of this blog...
40DFront
Canon introduced 40D - a semi-pro level camera in Aug 2007 and is indeed a professional camera with advanced focusing system and bigger and professional body with a thumb wheel at the back of the body and what not.
40DBack
There can simply be no comparison between 40D and 450D because they both are just different. Though 40D is 10MP camera, its 10MP are better quality pixels then 450D's are. Price wise, 40D body is listed at around $1100 and the cost will reach $1500 with a kit lens and a battery grip with additional batteries.
What I am confused about is that shall I buy 40D or 450D?
Reasons to buy 40D are:
1. Professional camera and will produce professional results.
2. Show-off... especially in an important function, 40D will create a space for you in the crowd of any Nikonians or Rebelians...
3. Entry into real professional photography (as if I have a time and opportunity for that)
Reasons to buy 450D are:
1. Small body and the way I handle my gadgets, less cost to repair the damage to this camera then the other one...
2. Additional 2MP to blow some golden moments little larger...
3. Latest digic processor (though don't know how better it is)
So, can you help me get rid of this confusion? Please?

No comments: