A year before...

Last year, on this day, April 13 (2007), I boarded Singapore Airlines flight from Ahmedabad to LA via Singapore... I landed Singapore next morning at 8am and before catching an evening flight to LA, I attended a meeting and spent some time with the Dings at airport. This 10hrs stay was my shortest stay in Singapore and at that time the shortest visit to any country.

Initial days in LA were very hectic and demanding but equally enjoyable. It was this time during which one of the friends introduced me to Starbucks' Java Chip...

I had a project trip to San Jose and I extended it to spend some time with Palak and Prashant.  I took an Amtrak train journey from San Jose on my way back to LA... IMG_7341
San Jose Railway Station... from where I boarded Amtrak train to LA...

IMG_7344
And the lunch Palak packed for me... It was very delicious... (I know its girls who show their food in their blogs but this was a special lunch and Palak knows why this picture is here, rt???)

This was a very interesting journey for me where I could see the country side of California. Oh, I also "witnessed" a gay couple getting intimate in this train journey...

From LA, I had a quick trip to Atlanta and then to New Jersey. I was destined to be in Nairobi (Kenya) in the first week of May 2007 and I flew Emirates Airways in this trip. I boarded the flight from New York and the flight was very comfortable. Each seat had its own power plug along with USB socket and the crew was very cooperative... They upgraded me to First Class on my Dubai-Nairobi sector when they accidentally served me food with onions in it...

IMG_7411
My Nairobi trip was very productive and interesting... It was some of my best moments I have been blessed with and I will never forget those moments...

IMG_7506
I had an impromptu visit to Kampala (Uganda) which became my shortest trip to any country... I landed in Uganda's Entebbe airport at 12:30 afternoon, drove to Kampala for 45 min ride, had a meeting for few hours and drove down back to Entebbe airport at 5pm and flight took off at 8pm... yielding me a shortest stay of 7:30hrs in Uganda...

After returning from Nairobi to US, my schedule remained very hectic for few months. Couple of more projects got added to the list and my stay kept on extending...

Aargee, KB and Kunal also came down to US for their projects and Jainesh joined us from New Zealand for a convention in Jacksonville. Mitulbhai was also in Jacksonville for the convention and it was a great reunion of all gang members and we had a great fun...

On the night I came back to Atlanta, I had a severe chest pain which later forced me to undergo a radioactive stress test in Toronto. Due to this radioactive test, I was stopped at Canada-US borders at Niagara Falls and was interrogated by an officer for almost an hour...

For the timely completion of all installations, Yogesh joined me in the first week of August. Bhavesh Orlando was already helping me in Atlanta project and our three members team had a lot to finish in short time...
IMG_7693
Bhavesh, Yogesh and Pinesh outside Pinesh's house in Atlanta... 

We also attended an international convention in Las Vegas and won two iPhones there :) From Las Vegas, we had a day trip to Grand Canyon before flying to Toronto. IMG_7590
The road to Grand Canyon...

IMG_7623
And The Great Grand Canyon itself... 

Stay in Toronto was very demanding and equally exciting. We had a great support from local volunteers and it was the best team of entire trip... All team members were very committed for the timely completion of the project...
IMG_7872
Few of Toronto team members...

IMG_7890
Yogesh at Niagara Falls, Canada side.

After Toronto, we went back to NJ via Chicago. Yogesh left back for India and I left for LA. On my way back India, I stopped over Singapore for few days.
IMG_7910
Dinner in Singapore with Sensorlink team and the Dings.

IMG_7928
The duo pausing with Sanjaybhai's kid... Doing net practice???!!!

From Singapore, I reached back to India on Nov 8, just a day before Diwali... The trip which was supposed to be of few months, got extended for almost 8 months...

Its 35 mins past midnight of 13th and tomorrow (today) being a birthday of Lord Swaminarayan, its a no-water fast for us... I am about to take my doze of Omeprazole for preventing any acid reflux tonight and whole day tomorrow, Diominic DA for my sinusitis congestion and Alprazolam for an uneventful sleep tonight... Hopefully, I should be doing good tomorrow.

No comments: