What a day...

While using iTunes in recent past, I was ignoring the upgrade message it used to display during the startup. I just did not want to download new version of iTunes. But last night, I saw Safari browser on Akshar's computer and its interface impressed me at the first look. I have been using Safari on my iPhone and thus, I was somewhat aware about this browser from Apple which Apple asks to download alongwith iTunes. To give it a try on my laptop, I scheduled its download last night. This morning, iTunes was updated to the latest version and it has been more or less the same as before. But Safari browser looks very cool!.
Safari
Of course, its Apple interface and people who are not exposed to Apple might feel this browser little difficult at the beginning. The browser is a bit slow then Firefox and Internet Explorer but it may be because of default plug-ins it comes with. I will give it a try for few days and will see if I should replace it as my default browser. Some things which I am impressed about this browser is its interface and the smoothness of the character rendering. It is soothing and appealing to read on this browser. While Internet Explorer does offer this feature, its rendering is not as good as Safari. While Firefox has been always my choice of browser for its simplicity and manageability, its Unicode rendering has some flaws. This compels me to keep IE on my machine as its Unicode rendering is very good.

This browser comes with few default bookmarks and one of them was for Apple site. On Apple site, I found few interesting games for iPhone and I then used my iPhone's installer utility to search for any interesting games/utilities recently released for iPhone. I came across a game called "Parking Lot" from FreemyiPhone.com.
ParkingLot
At first, I thought it must be some simple puzzle game and indeed in the beginning it like that. But then each new level got more and more interesting and challenging that I ended up spending five hours (with lots of breaks in between) playing this game. I faced real challenge only in last three levels but this game is really addictive. Of course, I am not going to play it one more time but indeed this is very interesting game. Had it been augmented with good sound effects, it would have been further cool.

Another game I keep on playing on my iPhone is the favorite Tetris... When I was in ISRO, one of the engineers there always used to play Tetris on DOS and he was fanatic about it. But I never was tempted to play it. Tetris was one of the early games available on iPhone and I had downloaded it earlier.
Tetris
This game has become a favorite time pass for me whenever either I am traveling or whenever I don't want to do anything (as if I ever want to do anything!)...

So, I better EOB and have a spell of Tetris before calling a day...

No comments: