Saga de Ammerikka - Atlanta 2nd Visit

AirTran flight to Atlanta was uneventful. Manishbhai came to pick me up at the airport and we straight away drove to exhibition.

GWCCAtlanta
The exhibition was in Georgia World Congress Center on International Boulevard. No internal photography was allowed in the exhibition :(

Three days in this exhibition was very productive but tiring too. Last year, this exhibition was in Las Vegas and we won two iPhones in a lucky draw there. This year, the same company had offered similar lucky draw and the prize was Wii-Nintendo full set! Last year, Bhavesh and Yogesh roamed around and got their lucky draw passports stamped in different stalls. This time, Manishbhai and Dikul did that job. While the draw was taking place, I was in a meeting with Pelco. Suddenly, Manishbhai called me to let me know that I won an Wii and I had to rush to Anixter stall to collect it within next 10 seconds. I could not escape from the meeting and ended up loosing the prize :( But luck was in our favor this year too.... Manishbhai won a Wii on the third round and he won it again on seventh round! He could get only one as it was the rule of the draw.

MartaSign
Next day, Manishbhai and Dikul dropped out and I took Marta (underground train) to reach the GWCC. I loitered around for a while around the exhibition area.

MartaStation SignNearCNN

CNNBuilding
CNN Headquarters was very nearby. This huge sign is at the entrance of the building.CNNVisitors
Many tourists and groups gather in front of it for a picture!

CNNWall
A wall with thousands of pictures welcome you inside the building. Each of these pictures are events covered by CNN from the day it was on air.

CNNStarbucks
Of course, there was a Starbucks inside the building foyer.

CNNWorld
CNN offers backstage tour and visitors enter the CNN world through this escalator.

BuildingNearCNN
Dont know the name of this building in front of CNN building. But its symmetry qualified it to be here!

Next day, I had to fly back to Chicago. Manishbhai dropped me to nearby Marta station. Two trains got canceled and when I reached the airport, only 30 minutes were left for my flight departure. AirTran girl was kind enough to check in my bag even the check-in got closed 15 mins before.HotBag
The girl put a tag and assured me that my bag would fly the same flight I was to fly! This is a reason AirTran is doing so good even in the worst economic crises. United and US Airways charge for even first check-in baggage while AirTran does not charge for first luggage. And for me, it was the best in customer service.

No comments: