Saga de Ammerikka - Chicago 2nd Visit

On my way to Chicago, I was a bit wondering about how much prepared the site would be. But when I reached there, I was surprised to find that few of the volunteers worked day and night to finish major part of the cabling. The team though was small, it was made of hardworking and committed volunteers.

MyTable1
I had multiple projects going on even in Chicago and most of the time, my desk was messy as usual!

On first weekend, I was fortunate to become a part of the family event - a surprise birthday party for Piyushbhai. When I was in Houston and I called him, Nitabhabhi hinted me about this party. This family event deserves a special post in my blog. It is located here.

When J-Lo came to know about my new camera, he quickly offered me a lens for it. I tried my best to refuse his generous offer but I had to give up. We discussed what could be the best lens for me and we decided to go for 100-400mm F4 L ISM lens. He ordered it online and got it shipped to Chicago.

100-400Lens
I tried taking some sample images. 

100-400Sample1100-400Sample2100-400Sample3100-400Sample4100-400Sample5
All these pictures were taken hand held but even at the full focal length (400mm x 1.6 crop factor), they are razor sharp. Thanks to built-in IS for which so high price was paid. While 100-400mm range is indeed very good for an wildlife and sports photography, I found that for my application, 100mm is too big a focal length adding 1.6 crop factor. For my 450D, the starting focal length becomes 160mm and that would restrict my FOV for any indoor photography. Moreover, its F4 will also put additional restrictions in low light events. So, I decided to return this lens and get a 70-200mm F2.8 L IS instead. J-Lo ordered the other lens.

After few days of work, I had to go Atlanta for three days to attend an exhibition. This time too, I took an AirTran flight.

ChicagoAirportStarbucks1Starbucks2
While waiting for my flight, I revisited all those Starbucks in the lounge.

No comments: