What's wrong with me???

I keep on wondering what's wrong with me that in last two days, I saw two Hindi movies.... Can you believe this? Even I cant believe it...

Last Hindi movie I saw (I was compelled to see) was in 1989 when I was in third year of my graduation. I don't remember the name of that movie but since then, no Hindi movies or even English movies for more than a decade... I don't remember exact year but it was Matrix Reloaded which I was again compelled to watch in a theater with friends...

My "Movie phobia" is deeply rooted in my brain since my childhood. That time, whenever I was in a movie, everything happening in front of me was as if it was happening in real and I just could not stand any Bollywood movies as they are just full of emotions, sentiments, third class stories and illogical and unacceptable twists and turns and with very predictable ends. Two components of which a Bollywood movie is made of are romantic songs and fightings and both of these have never appealed me somehow. Of course, there were few extra ordinary movies like Sholay but very few to name.

Last night, while having a dinner, I was flipping through some news channels and I accidentally landed at one of the movie channels and I saw some familiar scenes. It was "Khoobsurat", the movie I saw when I was in a primary school. Shilpa has seen this movie for 25+ times and if she gets a chance, she will still prefer to have one more screenings... It is not a typical Bollywood masaalaa movie and that's why I was ok to watch it one more time. Even after so many years, I enjoyed this movie very much.

This evening, when I returned, Akshar was watching "Jab we met" and some comedy scene was going on and it was really funny. While having dinner, we continued watching this movie and it was interesting and funny enough movie to consume two more hours... Though I missed the first hour of this movie, I could relate to the story from in between and I enjoyed it. While I am not a film critics writer, I would like to recommend this movie if you like movies like KKHH - Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai... I saw KKHH In Singapore at Anjan's home during my very first trip to Singapore.

Its very difficult and nearly impossible for me to understand the reason of watching movies, especially in theaters. May be because I am not into movies and I still take everything in movies at a face value... May be my brain is not yet convinced that "its just movie"... Few years back, I had a chance and an excuse to go movie but fortunately, I was not pushed for it and I could survive. I have been recently pressured even heavily to spend some "togetherness" in the "darkness of a theater" but I stand by with my few years old promise. So, just don't worry, I am loyal and faithful. I prefer to spend those hours watching and re-watching Tom & Jerry instead of torturing my brain...

No comments: