Saga de Singapura - The Return

In this final post about my recent Singapore visit, I would like to mention all those unmentioned but interesting moments of this trip.
It starts with the Night Safari trip I had on Saturday evening. We first went to send off Darshan - Maheshbhai's 9 years old son to airport. He was flying back to Ahmedabad in Singapore Airlines. He came to Singapore for a two weeks vacation.
IMG_0085
While waiting at the airport, I noticed this time table display. Its mechanical one and when the details change, its fun to watch each character/digit flips through to next character/digit. I wish though Changi Airport can afford to change this display to LED one, it should continue with this display as long as it can so that kids like me can have fun watching it flip through...
IMG_0096
We reached Night Safari at 8:30pm and just after we bought tickets, it started raining very heavily for half an hour.
IMG_0090
While waiting for rain to stop, we went for a drink and enjoyed some tropical fruit juices. We boarded the tram once the rain stopped and had a wonderful ride. After the ride, we watched animal show and it was indeed the best of all. Show lead person was Indian Singaporean girl and she was very hilarious but equally expert in her job.
On Monday evening, Ding and Joline took me out for a dinner. As I no more eat outside food and Monday was a fasting day for me, my diet was very much restricted.
I joined Ding from Paya Labor station and Joline joined us at City Hall station. IMG_0105
We went to a very expensive Japanese restaurant and while Ding and Joline enjoyed good meal, I sipped tomato juice. Interestingly, I had brought some papadum packs for Ding and Joline and in order to educate them on how to roast these papadums, we used the candle lights placed on the table... It did not work well and we ended up requesting the waiter to get it roasted in kitchen. He was not sure if the cook will agree to roast it for us but cook turned out to be equally nice and kind to us!
IMG_0101
D and J were quick enough to enjoy it before I could take this picture :)
My return flight was on March 18th leaving at 1900HRS Singapore time. After Botanical garden visit and meeting in afternoon, I packed my luggage at around 1700HRS and then rushed to the airport. Earlier, at this airport, I noticed huge sign saying that liquids and gels are now allowed on board. I had packed huge bottles of shampoos in my hand bag as my check-in bag was already overweight by 10kg. When I reached at the gate, the security person there confiscated both bottles there... He said that liquids and gels purchased from duty free shops within airport are only allowed in carry-in bag and that too only upto 100ml per bottle. I regret that I did not read in-between lines in that huge sign at check-in counters.
Once I was in security area, I got busy sending final emails and text messages. Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice: "Oiee! What are you doing here?" and I was surprised to see a friend from Las Vegas! He was Kishorbhai at whose motel in Las Vegas I stayed during my last visit in US. He and his wife were traveling to India to participate in Festival of Colors held on last Saturday.
After boarding the flight, he moved to a nearby empty seat and we kept on talking talking. When the plane started moving, a crew member noticed that he had not yet put his belt on and he rudely asked Kishorbhai to put on the belt. While Kishorbhai was definitely at fault, he did not deserve such rude treatment from that crew member and I took up this issue with him (the crew member) later once the flight reached its final altitude. After few arguments, he apologized for his rudeness and turned very friendly with Kishorbhai as well as me. When he came to serve my fruit platter, he noticed that I carried my own burger (thanks to Maheshbhai and his burger making skills) with me. He asked me if I would like to warm it up and I accepted his proposal very gladly :) He also offered me few butter packs and bread.
Funny thing happened after the landing. As I mentioned in my earlier post here, I chose the tail end seat to avoid any loo-disturbance and also to disembark quickly through the rear ladder. When the plane landed and stopped at Ahmedabad airport, I went to rear door and stood there waiting for it to get open... He (the crew member) told me that rear door would not open for passengers and all need to disembark from front door only. I was slight hesitant as in many of my past flights, I disembarked from rear gate and before I could make up my mind, the door opened and a ladder was there :) So, he was sorry one more time... Seems he was flying this sector first time.
Anyway, the trip is now over and with this final post, it will be virtually over too:)
For this trip, I wish:
1. P could join me in the trip... You should be above your attitude.
2. Sissie could come SG this time too...
3. C C Kaka was still in Singapore... so that he could take me to a day trip of KL.
4. I could visit X-Ray factory in Penang... so that we can proceed further to finalize on this matter.
5. I did not have tomato soup in that Japanese restaurant... I suspect there was onion in it.

No comments: